In the Kitchen with Pia and Davide Baroncini
More parm, please!
In this episode of In the Kitchen, we follow Pia and Davide Baroncini as they make Pesto alla Siciliana, a dish native to Trapani, Italy. If you’re anything like us, you think about their dreamy wedding on a regular basis—the dress, the getaway car, the custom napkins with their initials, and most important, the food. It’s clear that cooking and eating is a major part of the Baroncinis’ love language—check out how this superstar creative director and her hubby cook up some love below.
Pesto alla Siciliana Recipe
two large tomatoes (insides removed)
1⁄2 cup of small tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1⁄2 cup basil
1⁄2 cup “young” parm
1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
¾ cup almonds
1⁄2 cup olive oil - enough to make it smooth/creamy
a lil salt and peppa!
1. Peel the almonds. Do not blanch—keep ’em raw! It’s very annoying, but worth it.
2. Boil pasta water—add salt to water!
3. Remove the “middle” of the two large tomatoes.
4. Place all ingredients in a food processor—blend until smooth.
5. Place pasta in the water and cook for three to four minutes.
6. Add pesto to a large pan with no oil. Cook on low.
7. Add pasta and a ladle of pasta water to pesto. Stir until blended and creamy—just a few minutes. Don’t overcook the pasta!
8. Serve with more parm and garnish with basil!
Top photo: Courtesy of Instagram/@piabaroncini
Want more stories like this?