The Workout Clothes Coveteur Staffers Swear By
18 pieces we’re currently sweating (and living) in.
Not to sound like a broken record, but we’re finding a lot of solace in at-home workouts lately. And even though we’re forced to do them them in our living rooms (for those not lucky enough to have the space to), that doesn’t mean we’re forgoing matching sets and elevated separates. We subscribe to the look-good, feel-good mantra, and if there was ever a time when feeling good was crucial, it’s now. Below, 18 pieces we’re turning to for our sweat sessions.
Head of Content
1. Terramed Advanced Graduated Compression Leggings Women: These are not sexy, but I wear them underneath sweats for ultimate muscle compression when I’m running or playing tennis—they are MAGICAL.
2. Champion Men’s Powerblend Jogger Pants: I live for these sweats from Walmart, and yes, I always buy men’s—I find they’re cut slightly baggier, which is my full mood right now.
3. Alo Offset Bralette: This bralette isn’t the most supportive (I would wear something stronger for tennis), but I love its offset design and how it doubles as a crop top when I need to hop on a Zoom call or quickly duck out of the house.
1. Alosoft Serenity Bra: I’m partial to Alo bras because of how comfy and long they are. Since nine times out of ten I don’t wear a top to work out, sports bras become my shirt. I welcome any bit of extra length I can get, and I’m never against a high neck, either.
2. Nike Epic Lux Running Tights: While I am not typically a runner, it’s become my workout of choice lately so I can get some fresh air. These Nike tights are a blessing thanks to the high rise and the pocket that holds my iPhone as I zigzag through the streets.
3. Jordan Women’s T-shirt: This shirt is an easy throw-on post-workout to keep myself warm while I make my go-to smoothie—banana, apple, mango, and ginger. I love anything oversized, so this shirt also has a place in my wardrobe rotation.
Senior Beauty Editor
1. Girlfriend Collective Trail Paloma Bra: I’m doing my best to be more eco-conscious with my wardrobe, but I’ve always found it incredibly easy when it comes to workout gear thanks to Girlfriend. This longline bra is crazy comfy while still providing adequate support whether I’m doing yoga or hiking.
2. Adidas Graphic Shorts: Truth be told, I don’t love working out in leggings unless I’m outside on a trail, so for my current indoor activities, I much prefer a fun and breezy pair of shorts. I own about three pairs of this adidas graphic style, since I pick a new pair up every season with a different design. My quest to look like a Miami grandpa in every aspect of my personal style is complete.
3. Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36: If I could go hiking every day as my workout of choice, I 100 percent would. Alas, I live in New York City, not L.A., so the trails are few and far between. But when I do make it upstate for an outdoor adventure, these lightweight trail sneakers are the best. Even when I can only make it to a treadmill for some steep-incline walking (my knees and ankles are too shot from soccer to run), these keep my feet feeling great the whole time.
Head of Social Media
1. G. Sport x Proenza Schouler Double-Layer Sports Bra: I haven’t put on a bra in about three weeks, but this Goop collab with Proenza comes at a time when we all need a little pick-me-up, emotionally and in the chest region. I’d rock it out at night when social distancing ceases, too.
2. Alexander Wang Stretch Fit Leggings: I don’t work out (like, at all), but while boutique workout classes are on hiatus, I can rock these leggings on my walks without being a total poser. Plus, the thick waistband will help cover the evidence of my extreme snacking.
3. Nili Lotan Callie Zip-Up Hoodie: While I’m typically inclined to integrate colors into my wardrobe come spring, the darker dye of this feels more appropriate to zip up into when the A/C is on too high or for long walks around the block.
Audience Development Manager
1. Sold Out NYC The Dying Over You Crop Sweatshirt: Roughly speaking, I think I wear a sweatshirt six out of seven days a week. In turn, my closet is full of many neatly stacked piles. Do I have other tie-dye options? Yes, but this one is different and has a sweet little phrase embroidered on it. Needless to say, there’s always room for more.
2. Adidas by Stella McCartney Ultra Boost x 3.d Sneakers: I love a nice long run, which is always made better by wearing the right shoes. It’s an added bonus that these happen to be pretty chic.
3. Nike Sportswear Icon Clash Short: I’m more of a leggings girl, but a good short takes me back to days of living in a soccer uniform. I love the patchwork and the variety of colorways available. Maybe I’ll run in them, maybe I’ll wear them to brunch (when I can!).
1. Aritzia Venice Bra Top in White: I don’t need much support in a sports bra, so I tend to choose them based on style. This one from Aritzia is incredibly cute, and you can also style it as a top with high-waisted shorts or pants.
2. Alo Yoga 7/8 High-Waist Airlift Leggings: Working out has always been important to me because I feel so great physically and mentally afterwards. Pre-social distancing, I was doing a mix of boot-camp-style classes and Pilates. Nowadays I go for runs and do muscular workouts in my living room. These leggings are good for any of the above—I highly recommend.
3. Nike Joyride Run Flyknit in White & Pure Platnium: Running has always been my cardio of choice, so I love a good running shoe like this Nike pair. I prefer neutral shoes, but you can customize these so if you’re a color person, the possibilities are endless.
Want more stories like this?