And everything else we can’t stop talking about this week.
This week on “Open Tabs”—an assortment of links we have on our open tabs for the week—we’re giving you a peek into our own Internet habits and the stories and themes we can’t seem to stop talking about, like Outdoor Voices CEO’s morning routine, the best tan boosters and much, much more.
1. Charlottesville and the Effort to Downplay Racism in America (via The New Yorker)
“The idea is that there’s sophistication and dignity in Charlottesville—good food, tasteful living, and sun-dappled long afternoons. And there is. But, as certain reactions to recent events from white friends and politicians have reminded me, an air of enlightened blamelessness is more often concealment than it is proof.”
2. From Side Hustle to Dream Job: How One Woman Started a Following Documenting Celebrity Closets (via CNBC)
Coveteur Co-Founder, Stephanie Mark chats about what it was like to own her own media company. Oh, and CNBC also referred to us as “Vogue’s younger, indie cousin.”
3. Heads Up, Moscow Mule Lovers: That Copper Mug Could Be Poisoning You (via Washington Post)
Nothing is safe anymore!
4. The one product that is sure to keep my tan lasting into the fall.
Or perhaps just boost the tan that I have now.
5. Morning Routine: Tyler Haney (via The Newsette)
What Outdoor Voices CEO Tyler Haney drinks first thing in the morning, what her first exercise of the day looks like, and more.