A Gin Cucumber Cocktail For Sipping After Work
Or any other time for that matter.
There’s nothing like a cool, refreshing gin-filled cucumber cocktail to swing after a long day (read: week...month) of sweltering subway rides and fluorescent-illuminated days in the office. Admit it, you want one right now. Us too! FIG Santa Monica at the iconic Fairmont Miramar makes a mean, super summery cucumber press we always go back for (after work or otherwise) with Hendricks gin (the good stuff!), curacao and cilantro.
The Cucumber Press
Makes 1 drink
2oz hendricks gin
1 1/2 oz lime juice
3/4 oz curaçao
6 slices of cucumber
3 tablespoons cilantro
1oz club soda
1. In a mixing glass combine cucumber and cilantro.
2. Muddle very well.
3. Add all other ingredients, except soda.
4. Add ice and shake vigorously.
5. Add club soda and strain into a martini glass.
6. Garnish with cucumber round.