And it’s incredibly healthy.
In a rare turn of events, we’re here—along with Toronto’s newest superfood snack café, Nutbar—to show you that something other than avocado can look good on toast. And maybe even taste better, too. It’s packed full of good-for-you and, also important, pretty ingredients like cashews, turmeric, coconut oil, and the pièce de résistance: watermelon radish (learn it, place it on everything) that make your run-of-the-mill (pun intended) grainy bread something you’ll want to snap, filter, and post. Don’t pretend that you wouldn’t.
4 cups cashews
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ cup coconut oil
2 tbsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 slice of your favorite grainy bread
1. Soak cashews for 30 minutes.
2. Place all the ingredients (except for water and garnishes) into a blender.
3. Blend and slowly add water until it’s smooth.
4. Spread it on your toasted bread.
5. Add watermelon radish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.