How 4 Editors Dress for Sub-Zero Temperatures
We promise, there’s a way to look cute and stay warm.
1. Closed Cotton Half-Zip Sweater: Closed makes some of the coziest sweaters in the game (I may or may not already have three in my closet) and I absolutely love the silhouette of this style. It’s perfect for layering over a thermal turtleneck on the most frigid days.
2. Carhartt WIP Pierce Pant Straight: Workwear is a wardrobe staple for me year-round, but it really gets the job done in the colder months. I adore Carhartt pants for their slouchy menswear vibe and will happily wear this pair with anything from a vintage tee to my knit collection.
3. Red Wing Heritage Men’s Moc 8" Boot: Do I care that these boots are technically men’s? No way. I’m equally ready to go hiking in the Catskills as I am to schlep to the J train in the morning.
Social Media Associate
2. Uniqlo HeatTech Utra Warm Leggings: Winter is unbearable in NYC. But that does give you an excuse to shop for winter clothes. I love these for extreme weather—they’re light but just as warm as snow pants. Amen to that.
3. Meotine Wool Coat Jacket: This wool jacket from Meotine is so good! I’ve noticed how everyone’s wardrobe in NYC turns into black and grey over the winter. That to me is straight-up bo-ring. This coat is my dream, and I’m hoping to snag it ASAP.
Director, Lifestyle & Talent
2. Khaite Victoria Leather Pants: Trust me, leather pants are the warmest option when it comes to pants. Take it from someone who treks through -20 degrees Celsius to get to work every day.
3. Patagonia: IMO, the sock is the most underrated cold-weather accoutrement. Merino wool hugging those ankles (and preventing them from exposure) is a game changer.
Editorial Production Fellow
2. Emma Brewin Oversized Fur Bucket Hat: Winter is the perfect time to wear obnoxious fur accessories, and it’s not that bad of an idea, considering you’re warm af. When it’s extremely cold, my ears have to be protected, so plopping this over my head is my ideal winter accessory.
3. P.E. Nation + DC Snow Ski Overalls: FYI, ski overalls are not just for the slopes. These have been my staple piece this winter, which I layer over turtlenecks. Follow my lead, and trust me—you’ll be warm from head to toe.
Want more stories like this?
Alexander Wang’s VP of Content Opens the Doors to Her Saks Potts and Supreme-Filled Closet
How to Be a Better Online Shopper: Tips from a True Expert
15 Necklaces Our Editors Can’t Stop Thinking About