15 Pairs of Trousers We’re Buying for Fall
Anyone else excited for cooler weather?
We’re staring down the final days of summer, like it or not, which means we’re slowly stocking our online shopping carts with cool weather essentials. As much as we’ll miss our mini smock dresses and cut-off shorts, there’s no hiding our excitement for layers, jackets, and most of all, *pants*. Especially the great pairs we’ve seen all over Instagram and in recent street style snaps. We vote for trousers as the eternal MVP of our closets—here are the 15 pairs we’re buying this week.
1. Re/Done Camouflage-Print Cotton-Canvas Tapered Pants: All I can think about lately is camo print. It’s a classic, in my opinion, on par with stripes or polka dots and just as versatile. The Re/Done version is my current favorite for its balance of slouchy and fitted, and until it’s cold enough to wear it with an oversized cashmere sweater, I’ll be pairing them with this crop top.
2. Jesse Kamm Sailor Pants: I’ve debated buying the legendary Jesse Kamm pants for years, so it’s about time to add a pair to my rotation. A wide-leg style is always flattering, and the fit gives your butt a nice little lift. How luxe is this warm chocolate-y shade?! Get thee to my closet now, please.
3. Acne Studios Tohny Wool-Blend Wide-Leg Trousers: Acne Studios has mastered the pant game. I mean, a shimmery mint trouser that also has a matching blazer? Sign me up!
1. Olivia von Halle Wide Leg Trouser: I’ll admit, I am not the most excited to shift into the daily pant-wearing weather that is fall. That said, these wide-leg Olivia Von Halle trousers are the perfect wardrobe transition, and are great for both lounging at home or getting dressed up for a night out.
2. Markus Lupfer Silk Satin Track Pants: I’m all about comfort, and these silk satin pants look and feel extremely cozy. The matchstick print is a perfect touch, and I can’t wait to pair these babies with a clean white sneaker and casual tee.
3. Rachel Comey Wide Leg Pant: After working on our Gen Z yellow shoot, I’ve been feeling very inspired to add in some fun new colors to my wardrobe this season. You can’t go wrong with a well-fitted wide-leg culotte, especially when they’re both mustard and corduroy.
1. Lela Rose Checked Wool Wide-Leg Pants: I’ve always been a huge fan of checked fabric, and the minute I laid eyes on these pants I knew they had to be mine. I’m already imagining a million and one ways to style them this fall. The best part? They’ll go perfectly with both sneakers and heels. That’s a must for me.
2. See by Chloé Crepe Pants: I dare you to name one thing that won’t go with these.
3. Marques’Almeida Leather Biker Trousers: I mean, if these aren’t the most perfect pair of leather pants, then I give up. I’m going to be feeling majorly badass in them all season long.
Social Media Associate
1. Yeon Penelope Wide Leg Wool Trousers: I personally don’t abide by the “no white after Labor Day” rule . These Yeon trousers are also wool, so they’ll keep you warm for any crazy fall/winter weather. I’d pair them with a camel-colored turtleneck and black boots, and call it “Meghan Markle chic.”
2. Victoria Beckham Wide Leg Trouser: Given my love for patterns, I should’ve been born in the ’70s. But alas, my fall wardrobe makes up for it. I love the print on these pants and can easily dress them up or down. I would probably wear them like Victoria Beckham (right?)—with a clean white button-down and some black leather heels. Call me “posh.”
3. Kris Goyri Bulova Pants: The pants of my dreams! This red wide-leg pant is the perfect transition piece for pre-fall. I could wear them right now with a tank top, or pair them with a turtleneck in the winter.
1. William Okpo Fumi Pleated Ankle Pant: If there is a pant to start the fall season with, it’s this pair of pleated, gingham goodness. All I need is a simple pair of all-white Nike trainers and a tee to complete the look.
2. Off-White Pleated Front Logo Detail Trousers: Who doesn’t love a classic pair of black trousers? The subtle front pleats make these versatile enough to wear to the office and during date night with bae.
3. Stine Goya Luca Metallic Woven Wide-Leg Pants: Yes, I’m wearing Gen Z yellow into fall because: 1. Yellow is my favorite color, and 2. The metallic finish on these pants would have me shining all over the city.
Want more stories like this?