Emilia Clarke Wore This Year’s Biggest Blush Trend to the Met Gala
Her look was also a nod to the Heavenly Bodies theme.
We love when a celebrity isn’t afraid of a bold makeup look, especially at what many people have dubbed fashion’s Super Bowl: the Met Gala. With so much over-the-top fashion going on for the Heavenly Bodies theme, it would be easy to let the beauty inspiration fall by the wayside. So, when the mother of dragons herself, Emilia Clarke, rolled onto the red carpet in full ’80s-style blush—think from the cheekbones up to the temples in a C shape—we were ecstatic. Bold blush is having a huge moment this season, especially in rosy hues, and with this knockout Met look, it’s clearly not going anywhere anytime soon. Check out the beauty breakdown, dubbed “gilded angelic makeup” from celebrity makeup artist Jillian Dempsey, below.
1. To prep, Dempsey hydrated Emilia’s skin with a few sprays of Laura Mercier Perfecting Water Moisture Mist.
2. Next, she applied Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation in Linen.
3. For an ethereal, flushed look, Dempsey used Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Heather Pink on Emilia’s cheekbones.
4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder was dusted all over the face to combat shine.
1. To enhance the monochromatic look of Clarke’s cheeks, Dempsey applied Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Barely Pink onto the eyelids.
4. Several coats of Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara finished the eyes.
1. Dempsey made a custom lip color using Laura Mercier Velour Extreme Matte Lipstick in Hot and Fatale to perfectly suit Clarke’s complexion.
Shop the story:
Want more stories like this?