The Best Rooftop Bars to Visit This June
And everything else we can’t stop talking about this week.
This week on “Open Tabs”—an assortment of links we have on our open tabs for the week—we’re giving you a peek into our own Internet habits and the stories and themes we can’t seem to stop talking about. This week is all about body positivity, Instagrammable swimsuits, and marriage advice.
1. Jessica Chastain Blasts Cannes Films for Their “Disturbing” Representation of Women (via Fortune)
And she has many other Hollywood actresses endorsing her statement!
2. Marriage Advice from Real Couples (via Cupcakes and Cashmere)
Marriage and relationship advice is clearly not a one-size-fits-all ordeal. However, we’re jotting down some of these tips for future use.
3. Map of “America’s Most Misspelled Words” Will Have You Shaking Your Head (via HuffPost)
New Mexico needs to listen to Gwen Stefani A.S.A.P.
4. Will This Be Summer’s Most Instagrammed Swimsuit? (via Who What Wear)
*Adds to cart 3x*
5. A Guide to Rejecting White Beauty Standards and Learning to Love Who You Are by Ebonee Davis (via I-D)
If you don’t know Ebonee Davis already, then you will soon. This model turned activist talks beauty standards, stating that “a celebration of true beauty is a celebration of life” in an exclusive with I-D.
6. The Best NYC Rooftops for Eating & Drinking (via Infatuation)
Aka best places in NYC to ring in June. You’re welcome!
7. 26 Body-Positive Memes That Will Remind You to Love Yourself (via BuzzFeed)
Daily Affirmation: “Look at yourself the way your dog looks at you.”
8. How to Make Ripped Jeans Yourself (via Stylecaster)
Remember all of those times when you were asked if your “jeans came like that” or were told that your “jeans had a few holes in them?” This one’s for you (and at half the cost).