18 Comfy Knits to Immediately Add to Your Cart
Bigger bags and rich fabrics are added to the mix.
Cozy, cozy, cozy—you get the gist. That’s our motto from now until spring. We’re draping ourselves in the softest fabrics that we can get our hands on over the coming months. First up: knits. Cashmere knits, wool knits, mohair knits—you name ’em, we want ’em. And we have a feeling you guys are going to want to follow suit. So, with that in mind, we rounded up all the knits we currently have our eyes on (or in our shopping carts) below for soup season.
Senior Beauty Editor
1. The Elder Statesman Lucky Talisman Cashmere Crew: If you want to watch me drain my bank account in one fell swoop, show me any cashmere sweater from Elder Statesman. I can’t get enough check patterns in my wardrobe lately, so I think this guy is coming home with me this season.
2. Aritzia Wilfred Jara Cashmere Sweater: My secret weapon for affordable knitwear? Aritiza’s Wilfred line. A chunky white turtleneck is a wardrobe staple season after season, and yes, you do need more cashmere in your life.
3. Acne Studios Rives Oversized Knitted Cardigan: We can all thank Katie Holmes for reinvigorating the cardigan (seriously, I need to match all my knitwear to my bras ASAP). Acne’s knitwear is always to die for, so this yummy camel style is next on my must-buy list.
Social Media & Affiliate Coordinator
1. Frisson Knits Isabella Sweater in Cream: It’s almost sweater weather, and for that, I couldn’t be happier! At the top of my cold-weather wish list is Frisson Knits—the New Zealand–based line that hand-knits (!!) each garment with locally sourced fibers. I mean, what could be dreamier than wrapping yourself in pillowy clouds of mohair? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
2. Calle del Mar Ribbed Cardigan in Lettuce: September in New York is hardly considered fall weather, and for that reason my sweater-loving self has to compromise. Lucky for me, Calle del Mar’s knits are the answer to that kinda-warm, kinda-chilly temperature. Plus, it’s not too late to snag the matching knit shorts as well…
3. Needles Checkerboard Mohair-Blend Cardigan: I’m here to echo Hannah’s sentiment for check patterns with this cardigan from Needles. It’s oversize shape, quirky pattern, and oh-so-delicate mother-of-pearl buttons make it too good to pass up.
Director, Lifestyle and Talent
1. Naadam Cashmere Ribbed Cardigan Dress: Sorry, but what’s more alluring and goddamn chic than an entire cashmere dress. Nothing! I’d wear these with knee-high boots on colder days or sneakers when I’m feeling more casual.
2. Naked Cashmere Salma Cardigan: Ask any of my friends and they will tell you that in 8th grade, I exclusively wore baby tanks (remember the ones with the adjustable straps) and matching cardigans. Every. Damn. Day. So that nostalgia is hitting me extra hard with the cardi-comeback. This time, in an elevated cashmere.
3. Joseph Turtleneck Sweater: There is rarely a turtleneck I don’t love. But this semi-sheer cashmere number in a muted neon (that’s a thing, right?) just made me fall a little harder.
1. Aimé Leon Dore Cardigan Sweater : I’m very much feeling a cardigan-forward fall (and winter), and I’m starting here with this bright yellow number. I tried it on last week and immediately knew I had to have it. It’s fantastic quality and the sleeve length is exceptional (an important detail for someone with long arms). Seriously, considering buying one in every color.
2. Stone Island Knit Pants: Do these not look like the coziest pants you’ve ever laid eyes on? It’s almost as if I can feel how soft they are through the screen. There’s no doubt in my mind that they’ll be a staple in my closet this season.
3. Uniqlo U Wool Blend Boucle Knit Coat: I wasn’t kidding about the cardigans. Clearly. My plan for this guy is to buy it XL so that it can be worn as a dress. You can always count on Uniqlo for a good, high-quality basic.
1. Danielle Guizio Tie-Dye Knit Safety Pin Sweater: What’s not to love about this sweater? It’s chunky, oversize, and the safety-pin closures are everything. It’s perfect for the cold Toronto weather that’s coming, and I couldn’t be more excited to wear it with a pair of cargo pants and sneakers.
2. Aritzia Babaton Luxe Cashmere Hoodie: This hoodie just screams cozy, and it’s 100 percent cashmere, which means it’s oh-so-soft, too. I love a waffle knit, and this sweater is going to be perfect for layering under my leather jacket. It’s so cozy I might fall asleep in it on my morning commute.
3. Palm Angels Cropped Turtleneck Sweater: I think I’m drawn towards sweaters that are cropped with metal detailing, but come on, this one is too cute to pass up. It comes in my favorite color, black, and even has a matching skirt that I need so I can transition from day to night while staying warm.
Leah Faye Cooper
1. Good Omen Shoreline Cardigan: I just discovered this label, and wow, I’ve been missing out. As much as I appreciate a simple cardigan, I’m personally drawn to more intricate styles like this one. This would be perfect over a bodysuit and dark jeans.
2. Yan Yan Cheongsam: I wore a different variation of this dress during a particularly busy day of NYFW, and I was so comfortable (and also looked pretty good, imo). I’m eyeing this one as an addition to my fall wardrobe. How good are the rosebuds?
Want more stories like this?