Us to Fall Jacket Weather: Bring It On
15 fall jackets we can’t wait to wear.
It’s been a blissful few months walking outside sans jacket, enjoying the warm summer weather. Still, when I did a quick scan of my coat closet recently, and saw the leather motos and denim jackets I haven’t worn in what feels like forever, I wasn’t mad. The right jacket can really set an outfit off, and truth be told, we’re ready for the return of bomber, trench, and blazer season. Ahead, 15 jackets we can’t wait to wear.
Leah Faye Cooper
1. Moncler Hooded Grosgrain-Trimmed Paneled Shell Parka: I really don’t like the rain. Not at all. Not even a little bit. But a lightweight jacket in two shades of pink may change my mind.
2. DanCassab Juliet Jacket: Mexico-based label DanCassab is known for doing fringe and studs very well, but don’t sleep on the brand’s more minimal pieces. An all-black outfit plus this jacket equals me, all fall long.
3. Versace Cropped Printed Denim Jacket: I’m never not up for channeling my inner ’90s supermodel, and nothing says Naomi-Cindy-Claudia-Linda-Christy-Kate like a classic Versace print.
Senior Beauty Editor
1. Veda Jayne Classic Leather Jacket: Sorry, but it’s basically illegal to start off fall without a seriously stylish leather jacket. You can’t go wrong with this classic style from Veda. It just gets better with wear, trust me.
2. Matériel Colorblock Leather Jacket: Wow, this colorblock cropped beauty is the stuff of dreams. I can’t wait to wear her with some high-waisted flares and a platform boot.
3. JW Anderson Paneled Bouclé Jacket: The recent patchwork trend is taking over my closet in the best way, and I think this jacket is about to become my newest style for the season. Cozy, cute—what else do you need?
Director, Lifestyle and Talent
1. Rejina Pyo Elliot Belted Wool-Blend Jacket: The tortoiseshell buttons. The layers. I love that it’s at the cross-section of a trench and a blazer. IMO, it doesn’t get much better than this.
2. Blazé Milano Vayana Sunshine Fringed Blazer: Blazer season is short, but I take full advantage of those few days where it’s perfect light-jacket weather. When I found this blazer that doubles as a dress, in this amazing print, no less, it had to go on my wish list.
3. Pologeorgis Baldwin Shearling Aviator Jacket: I agree with Hannah—a leather jacket is a non-negotiable for fall. But I’ll one-up her with some shearling liner.
1. House of Holland Belted Zebra-Print Cotton-Canvas Blazer: This ’80s-inspired House of Holland blazer fulfills my wish-list criteria: an impractically bold pattern, an hourglass shape, and a price tag way out of my comfort zone.
2. Saks Potts Dorthe Shearling Jacket: This Saks Potts jacket is punk-meets-the-Muppets-meets-Almost-Famous, and I honestly can’t think of a better way to describe myself.
3. Rains Gloss-PU Trench Coat: Is there a better emblem of the millennial self-love/self-sabotage dichotomy than a jacket that looks like a chic trash bag?
1. Ochi Corn Yellow Eco Leather Trench Coat: I love a good leather trench, even more so if it’s eco-friendly leather. I’m in full-on fall preparation mode (I even cleaned my closet last week), and I can easily picture 10+ outfits that this buttery trench will work with. Bonus points for the fact that it’s on sale.
2. Monse Asymmetric Leather Biker Jacket: I’m with Hannah and Noah—fall isn’t fall without a leather jacket. More specifically, this perfectly asymmetrical Monse number. My black leather jackets may have to take the backseat this year, just sayin’.
3. Sentaler Army Green Wide Collar Wrap Coat: OK, so maybe I’m jumping the gun a bit with this one, but try a Sentaler coat on, and you’ll understand why. They are the coziest and softest things out there. She’s going to be glued to me come mid-fall.
Want more stories like this?