24 Bras Our Editors Love
Give your girls what they deserve.
We can’t imagine another article of clothing as simultaneously revered and loathed as the bra. Think about it—since the day you realized you had finally grown boobs, you’ve probably been searching for a style that combines the trifecta of comfort, style, and support. And more often than not, you can only find two out of three. But design has come a long way in the past few years, and more designers than ever are creating options for the triple A’s to the quadruple G’s among us. Happily, as an office filled with 99 percent women, we’ve amassed a range of bra recommendations as varied as our cup sizes. Check out our 24 favorite brands and styles below.
Hannah Baxter- 32A
1. Lonely Scout Bonnie Underwire Bra: As a proud member of the itty bitty titty committee, I see bras as more of a fantastical adornment than any technical necessity. But I do like the structure of an underwire on occasion, and no one does it better than Lonely. I just got this Bonnie set and could not feel more beautiful, or supported, when I wear it.
2. Richer Poorer Cutout Bralette: Most days I just want a comfortable bralette, which is why I currently have three from Richer Poorer on rotation. Snag one before they sell out again.
3. Cuup The Plunge Mesh: With 42 sizes in their range, Cuup is truly a bra brand for everyone. I’ll never not love a classic black mesh style, so I’m adding this to my online cart ASAP.
Ivanna Martinez- 34C
Social Media Associate
1. Savage x Fenty Demi Cup Bra: Saw it on the runway. Immediately bought it. Feel like a superstar wearing it. Need it in all three colors. It’s Rihanna-approved. Any more questions?
2. Uniqlo Wireless Bra: This guy started off as my training bra and has been with me ever since. I love how it keeps everything in shape, and it’s wireless! It’s perfect for lounging, but also great for when you need support. I once forgot to take it off before falling asleep, and didn’t even notice!
3. Calvin Klein Satin Lift Bra: THIS bra. Never been picky about my wire bras until I started wearing this one. Everyone has that one can’t-live-without-it bra, and this one is definitely mine! I love the soft material they use for the cups, and the seamless straps make it feel like I’m not wearing anything. Seriously, if you haven’t jumped on the CK train already, I suggest you hop on it ASAP.
Leah Faye Cooper- 34D
1. Fleur du Mal Crochet Lace Longline Triangle Bra: As someone who likes to lounge around my apartment in nice lingerie and pajamas just because, I could not be more enamored with this bra. It’s the prettiest shade of pink and look so comfortable. I’d definitely wear it outside as well—it’d be perfection under a sheer black top.
2. Negative Underwear Sieve Balconette Bra: I’m wearing a Negative Underwear bra as I type this—the Essaouira Demi, which is my everyday go-to—and my gut is telling me that I’d be equally into this balconette style, which looks just as supportive as it does flattering.
3. B.Tempt’d After Hours Bra Top: How good would this be under a blazer with a pair of high-waist jeans? I’ll let you know when I wear it because I absolutely plan to.
Katie Becker- 32D
1. Chantelle Champs Elysees Lace Demi Bra: I love a demi or balconette bra when I want to look sexy for myself or someone else. Chantelle bras have super-special designs that are extremely functional (did they hire engineers?), but also have gorgeous cuts and lines to them. This is my favorite lingerie company.
2. Natori Understated Bra: This design is the ultimate t-shirt bra. It’s soft and doesn’t show any lines or texture, but still holds the ladies up.
3. Athleta Renewal Bra: Both my best friend and I swear by this bra for comfy days or when certain shirts look better with a little less, let’s say, volume. I take out the cups inside and often use the racerback hook, too. For me, this is the no-makeup makeup of bras: the no-bra bra.
Jodi Taylor- 34B
1. Knix Evolution Bra: An amazing t-shirt bra. It’s 100 percent the most full-coverage bra I own (with the exception of sports bras), but its comfort level and versatility—it can be worn eight different ways!—make it more than worth it.
2. Nike Indy Sports Bra: I probably (OK, definitely) have enough sports bras to last me a lifetime, but they’re the only “shirt” I wear to the gym, so I like to have a variety, and you can always count on Nike to deliver both support and style.
3. Agent Provocateur Madelina Plunge Bra: I’m a firm believer that everyone needs to own at least one sheer bra. Trust me when I say that you’ll wear it more than you think. The lined bottom cup of this Agent Provocateur one will give you the support you need and feels buttery-smooth on the skin.
Carolina Dalia Gonzalez- 34A
1. Lululemon Flow Y Bra Nulu: This classic sports bra does everything your ex couldn’t; it’s extra comfortable, super supportive, and makes you feel good. It’s my go-to relaxed choice for spin class, errand-running, traveling, and everything in between.
2. Free People Lovesick Triangle Bra: I have a soft spot for delicate, intricately designed lingerie, and this bra truly nails it. The bra comes in baby blue, which I have a feeling will soon be the next millennial pink...or Gen Z yellow.
3. Eberjey Greta The Longline Bra: Longline bras have become my newest obsession for a very important reason. Other bras have a band that starts to dig into my skin after a while, which is just plain uncomfortable. Longlines are the perfect fix for that and can also make for a very cute crop top!
Nandi Howard- 32C
Editorial Production Fellow
1. GCDS Fishnet Bra & Panties Set: GCDS is one of my favorite streetwear brands, and I am dreaming of the all-pink looks I can pull off with this fit.
2. Nubian Skin The Naked Bra: I love the brand Nubian Skin, and the message of inclusivity behind the company makes it easy to support. This is the perfect bra to wear under anything, and it matches my skin tone so I don’t have to worry about a bright bra color popping out of my shirt!
3. Fila Logo Sports Bra Top: Fila has been making a comeback, and I am all the way here for it. This logo sports bra is ready to wear just as-is, or it can add a little style to your workout look.
Valeriya Chupinina- 32D
Out From Under Marie Antoinette Velvet Balconette Bra: The perfect bra to be comfy and sexy in. This velvet balconette style doesn’t have an uncomfortable wire, and the thick straps hold the girls up in place. Bonus: It can double as a pop of color under a sheer top.
Girlfriend Collective Paloma Bra: Nothing gets me to the gym faster than knockout athletic gear. Besides it’s super-supportive stretch fabric, the beauty of the Paloma is that it’s longer in length than most sports bras, so it makes me feel comfortable even on days when I’m bloated and not feeling myself. Fun fact: It’s made from recycled water bottles!
Wonderbra Refined Glamour Push-Up Strapless Bra: When you’ve got a bigger bust, finding a strapless bra that’s supportive is an almost pointless, dead-end task. A fellow shapely friend suggested this timeless brand to me, and I’ve never gone back. The thick band allows for maximum support, and the underwire cups give you more oomph than you’d ever expect sans straps.
Want more stories like this?