15 Lightweight Tops That Are Perfect for Spring
Temperatures are rising, and the crop tops are making a comeback.
There’s nothing worse than putting together an exceptionally cute outfit for your daily look-of-the-day post only to have a winter coat cover it up. But now that the sun is shining and the temperatures are hovering around a balmy 72 degrees Fahrenheit on the daily, our wardrobe is finally getting the love and attention it deserves. Plus, shopping for a new spring top is oh-so-satisfying. There are so many options, but most essential is that it’s lightweight and comfortable. In order to keep you by the pool or in the backyard and avoid lingering too long in front of your computer, we found the 15 prettiest styles to add to your online cart.
1. Musier Top Louison: Adenorah can do no wrong with her brand-new label, Musier Paris, and this gorgeous top is a shining example. It’s just sexy enough for daywear, but with the right heels and a printed miniskirt (mixing prints is my jam), it would be killer for a night out. I need it.
2. Almina Concept Soft Linen Collarless Blouse: When it’s hot and sticky outside, there’s nothing better than a chic linen shirt. The collarless detail gives an alternative look to its classic cousin, and the slate blue will go with absolutely everything I own.
3. Double Rainbouu Cropped Printed Cotton Voile Shirt: Love them or hate them, cropped shirts aren’t going anywhere this season. This style is insanely cool, cute, and comfy, aka everything I want for spring and summer!
1. Johanna Ortiz Toluca Linen Top: I’m beating humidity this year by opting for strapless tops. They’re having a ~moment~, so I know there will be an abundance of options. The first one I’m adding to my closet is this crazy-amazing striped one from Johanna Ortiz. Now bring on the frozen margs.
2. Maticevski Ruched Stretch-Tulle Top: Another way to stay cool is to free the nip. Sorry, Mom. At least I’ll be doing so with a super cute top.
3. Kith Brie Sports Bra: While I’d love to tell y’all I’ll be working out in this sports bra this summer, that simply will not be the case. My plan is pair this guy with some denim shorts and call it a day.
1. Opening Ceremony Women’s Embellished Mesh & Velvet Bodysuit: Mesh! Velvet! Sequins! This bodysuit checks all the right boxes. I’ll be pairing the piece with some raw-edge Re/Dones and black Gianvito Rossi pumps. And then outfit-repeating for the next six months.
2. Adaptation Women’s “L.A.”-Bones Cotton-Blend Crop T-Shirt: Adaptation makes standout denim, but they also make equally stylish stuff to wear with said jeans. Pictured here is a perfect example in pink.
3. Isabel Marant Étoile Women’s Dayton Logo Crop Sweatshirt: For weekend (daytime) wear, I’m all about athleisure lounging. Loving this sporty blue crop top for chilling out.
Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief
1. Monse Flap Front Stripe Top: I’m either overheating (NYC humidity) or freezing (A/C) all spring and summer long. The open shoulders but covered arms in this Monse top seem to address both my issues.
2. Jacquemus Bruella Polka Dot Top: In an effort to celebrate spring in a more festive and also feminine sartorial spirit, I will be wearing this top every day this season.
3. Jacquemus Asymmetric Ruched Linen Blend Top: I love this top with jeans for the city and as a day-to-night cover-up on the beach!
Social Media Associate
1. Acler Basque Ruffle Top: I saw it on a mannequin while walking by the Moda Operandi store, and, well…the rest is history. I love anything that accentuates my waist, so this top is perfect. The ruffles really give the look some volume, so you’re in for an angelic, airy look.
2. Johanna Ortiz Malinda Silk Organza Top: This polka dot top is flirty and practical for warmer weather. The super-light material makes it perfect for brunch or an outdoor wedding! You can really dress it up with its long matching skirt, or dress it down with a nice fitted skinny jean.
3. Ale by Alessandra Odetta Top: A very modern twist to the corset top. I’d definitely pair it with culottes to really accentuate my waist. I’m always looking for a blouse that is comfortable yet complements my body, and this one does the trick!
Want more stories like this?