Zendaya’s Oscars Makeup Is Inspiring Our Next Night Out
Finally, a fool-proof smoky eye everyone can master.
The 90th Academy Awards aired on Sunday evening and proved once again that it’s Hollywood’s most glamorous and star-studded evening. There were several standout looks amongst the crowd of attendees, and with the fashion focusing heavily on minimalist white, sparkling metallics, and bold blues and pinks, there was plenty of room for dramatic makeup and hair. One of our favorite looks of the evening was singer and actress Zendaya, who wowed on the red carpet with a chocolate brown Giambattista Valli Couture gown that perfectly complemented her bronze smoky eye, glossy nude lips, fluffy brows, and sculpted cheekbones.
To get all the details on her stunning Oscars look, we consulted her makeup artist, Sheika Daley. “[The makeup was] inspired by 1970s Mahogany glam,” Daley says. “Her stylist Law [Roach] and I wanted to give her a beautiful bronzy and sculpted look with a deep chocolate eye to complement her gorgeous Giambatista Valli Haute Couture dress.”
Check out all the steps below!
1. Daley prepped the skin by applying Charlotte’s Magic Cream all over the face to plump and create a seamless, smooth canvas for makeup application.
2. After moisturizing, Daley applied the Unisex Healthy Glow to the face and along the shoulders, neck, and décolletage for an extra sun-kissed boost.
2. Daley then used the Hollywood Contour Wand in Dark/Medium to add depth and definition, followed by another application of foundation and the Hollywood Beauty Light Wand highlighter along the high points of the face to boost Zendaya’s glow even further.
1. Daley used Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita to create a twist on the classic smoky eye, beginning by wetting the Eye Smudger Brush and applying the coppery-brown “smoke” shade on the top and bottom lash lines to give a sexy, bronzed, and smoked-up base.
2. Once dry, Daley then applied the pearlescent “prime” shade and followed with the same coppery-brown “smoke” shade to the middle of the eyelids, diffusing to the outer corners for an extra dose of glam.
3. Daley then applied another coat to amplify, followed with a touch of the Hollywood Beauty Light Wand to the inner corners to widen and brighten the eyes.
1. To complete the look and not detract from her eyes, Daley applied the subtle Lip Lustre in Hall of Fame to Zendaya’s bare lips to accentuate her naturally full pout.
Want more stories like this?