Hands up if you’ve never prepped a to-go snack in your life and resort solely to buying pre-packaged options at the corner bodega or Hudson News. Us too! And in all honesty, they’re never the healthiest of choices, either. But Mia Ridgen of Rasa makes a case for spending just 10 minutes whipping up a batch of nutritious and satiating cookies, which you can eat for breakfast, after a workout, or when you *need* something sweet.
CHOCOLATE CHERRY NO-BAKE COOKIES
Makes about 10 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes (plus 30 to chill)
1⁄4 cup raw agave nectar
1⁄3 cup raw cocoa powder
1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1⁄4 cup coconut oil
1⁄4 cup almond butter
1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free oats
1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
1⁄4 cup dried cherries, diced
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
1. Mix agave and cacao powder in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and mix until fully combined.
2. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stirring until the dough is completely mixed together.
3. Spoon one tablespoon of dough onto a baking sheet or platter lined with parchment paper, and form into a flat disc.
4. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before eating.
• These cookies are totally customizable; use any nut butter, dairy-free milk and dried fruit.
• You can also make these into balls instead of cookies.
Photo: Courtesy of Mia Ridgen of RASA