Editors’ Picks: Ticket to the Met Gala Got Lost in the Mail?
You and us, we have a lot in common. We mean, you wouldn’t be here if we didn’t, right? You know what else we can bond over? The fact that our Met Gala invites somehow got lost in the mail, which weirdly happened last year, too! Not that we’re blaming anyone, but *cough* invite us next year. *cough* So, just for the fun of it, we ~dreamt up~ what we would wear to this year’s Manus x Machina-themed ball. Go on, pour yourself a glass of champagne and join us on a little futuristic sartorial fantasy.
1. Saint Laurent gown: Robots are metal. Metal is silver. Silver is robot?
2. Jimmy Choo heels: In my mind, these look just like a circuit. No? Just me?
3. Joanna Laura earrings: How space age-y and glamorous are these?
4. Tom Ford lipstick: For some reason, I can’t picture this outfit with anything other than a dark lip à la Nicole Richie Met Gala 2013.
5. Veuve Rosé: Champagne is always a good idea. Even if you’re just sitting on your couch watching the red carpet.
1. Marchesa gown: Technically, if I were attending the Met Gala, someone would be dressing me while I sip on champagne and have my makeup done (that’s how it works, right?), but, alas, my stylist got lost along with my invite, so I’ll be choosing this hand-beaded gown—an ode to the man-versus-machine-made theme—myself.
2. Runa ear cuff: A geometric-shape white-rhodium (futuristic, no?) and diamond cuff seems way more appropriate for the occasion than any other earring possibly could.
3. Gianvito Rossi heels: What would a “Fashion in the Age of Technology” party be without a bit of metallic?
4. Nails Inc. Spray Can Nail Polish: Let’s go back to the part where I’m pampered while drinking bubbly things…it would include this futuristic spray-on nail polish and the new straight out of The Jetsons Dyson hairdryer.
5. Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick: Ditto this lipstick, which has been editor-tested and really does last forever and ever. Crucial for red-carpet selfies.
1. Delpozo gown: I really don’t care if it has anything to do with technology or not. For me, it’s all Delpozo, all the time, when it comes to anything fancy.
2. Sophia Webster heels: Something else I don’t care about? Whether or not these heels go with my fun new Delpozo gown. I just love them.
3. iPhone 6S Plus: My ode to technology will come via an oversized iPhone (in gold, naturally). People ask me all the time if the 6 Plus is too big, and let me tell you—it’s perfect.
4. RMS Beauty Eye Polish in Lunar: I don’t like carrying around a ton (by “ton” I mean “any”) of makeup, so a one-stop-shop product like this is perfect for me.
5. Essie Nail Color in Set in Stone: Fiiiiine, if my iPhone isn’t on-theme enough, I’ll go with silver glitter nail polish. Noah already proved silver is robot, so, accordingly, nails are robot, nails are tech. Right?
Editorial Manager & Social Media Manager
1. Mary Katrantzou dress: I love dressing on theme, but finding a dress that actually fits this year's is kind of next impossible. The very next best thing is this stripe-y Mary Katrantzou gown, which yes, looks very maternity-ish off-figure, but when worn, is a completely different story altogether.
2. Eddie Borgo choker: Chokers might be the new flower crowns (ugh), but I can't. let. them. go. Not yet, at least. This Eddie Borgo one literally turns me into the hearts-for-eyes emoji.
3. Liudmila shoes: I'm admittedly not totally secure in my event dressing abilities. Like, what even is ever fancy enough? That said, these, from new-to-me line Liudmila, are just Disney Princess enough to make me feel like I'd be bringing my (hypothetical) A-game.
4. Marc Jacobs Illuminator: When in doubt, cover your entire body in a finely-milled, Rihanna-ish shimmer. The deodorant-y, push-up packaging also totally backs the theory that the 2000s are coming back, baby.
5. Eddie Borgo clutch: Clutches are weird, and in an ideal world, I'd go without. This Eddie Borgo matte leather one, however, was kind of too cool and refined to not bookmark.