5 Delicious Avocado Toast Ideas
The yummiest (and most photogenic) versions of our favorite snack straight from the Instagram-approved experts.
Okay, so there are times just before we’re about to post a picture of a truly delicious looking dish (or at least one that’s beautifully plated), we hesitate for a second: in Karley Sciortino’s immortal works, is it just the littlest bit “trag?” But no, as consummate celebrators of food, whether it’s eaten in the morning or for dinner, on holidays or on a drunken Saturday night, we’re strong believers that what you last ate has just as much a right to be on our feeds as your #wokeuplikethis selfie.
But if anything wins at the Instagrammable food game, it’s avocado toast. For some reason, nothing looks quite as good as that bright green fruit (avocado’s a fruit, right?) mashed onto a slice of multigrain toast and sprinkled with your seasoning of choice. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s actually pretty damn delicious too. In case you have yet to get into the #avocadotoast action, we asked the people who’s Instagrams always leave our mouths watering to give us notes on their favorite versions of the mainstay breakfast/lunch/late-night snack dish. Your feeds (and taste buds) have been warned.
Creator, Eye Swoon; Interior Designer
Creator, LEAF TV & because I'm addicted
Spicy Avocado Sandwich
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp chalula (more or less depending on taste)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 5-7 pieces aged gruyere, sliced
- 3-5 slices of bacon, fried
- 2 eggs, fried
- 2 slices of ciabatta (or bread of your choice)
1. Mix mayonnaise, chalula, S + P in a bowl, set aside
2. Fry bacon, starting on a cold skillet - fry on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes, flip and cook on other side for another 1 min (Drain on a paper towel)
3. Fry 2 eggs, sunny side up - medium heat for approximately 5 minutes
4. Slice ciabatta bread in half and brush with olive oil
5. Heat over medium high heat until golden brown
6. Spread spicy sauce, top with avocado (mashed), cheese, arugula, bacon and 1 egg
7. GOOD MORNING!"