Because there ain't no party like a Boardman-Gubelmann party.
There's something about unlikely pairings that make us unreasonably happy. Like spotting Supreme in an otherwise all-CHANEL-everything filled closet. Or Phoebe Philo's love of Stan Smiths. The burgeoning friendship between Kanye West and Anna Wintour. You know, when two seemingly polar opposites come together and you wonder why the union didn't happen sooner.
The same sort of phenomenon could be said of the much-documented BFF-ship of Mickey Boardman and Marjorie Gubelmann—Paper's veteran Editorial Director and the socialite with the equally-unlikely DJ career, respectively. And with the weekend on the horizon, who better to hit up for their indispensable party protocol than the dynamic duo? Get out your notebook, pour yourself a stiff drink, hit play on Mad Marj's playlist and read on.
1. Real Cool - Lady Gaga
2. Can't Take My Eyes off of You - The Boys Town Gang
3. Summertime- Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
4. Sunset People- Donna Summer
5. Sing- Ed Sheeran
6. A Little Respect- Erasure
7. Hey Mr. DJ - Zhane
8. Cruel Summer- Bananarama
9. A Night to Remember- Mary J Blige
10. Johnny Come Home- Fine Young Cannibals
11. La Isla Bonita- Madonna
12. Gonna Make You Sweat- C & C Music Factory
Mickey Boardman's Party Etiquette Tips