What Coveteur Staffers Wear to Summer Weddings
With back-to-back nuptials on our iCals, sartorial planning is a must.
’Tis the season of weekends filled with I-do’s and the wedding-adjacent activities (peppered in are weekends spent on patios and at the beach, of course). So whether we have half a dozen celebrations or just one, it means we’re loading up our shopping carts with ceremony- and party-worthy outfits. Below are what we’re wearing to the summer wedding(s) we’re attending this year.
Director, Lifestyle and Talent
1. Prada Lace-Paneled Appliquéd Gabardine Dress: Call it cliché if you want, but the first thing I thought when I laid eyes on this dress was that it was so romantic. And I love leaning into that theme, especially on such a joyous occasion.
2. Mejuri Mini Hoop 14k Gold + Ruby: Since the dress is such a statement, I’d pair it with a dainty little gold hoop with a ruby (one of my favorite stones right now). Mejuri just knows how to do subtle well, and the price point makes it that much more appealing when I’m splurging on a dress.
3. Reformation Porto Sandal: After years of wearing toe-crushing heels, I’ve relegated to baby heels or flats for almost any occasion. I just love how Ref has done a teensy heel and perfectly placed straps so that I can dance all night. Plus, I’ll wear these with denim shorts and tees all summer long, too.
Senior Beauty Editor
1. Bode Sheer Daisy Bowling Shirt: I’ve gotten to the point in my life (and attended enough friends’ weddings) that I’ve made a deal to only wear outfits that I can use in my everyday life. It forces me to get creative and not just rely on an LBD. And since I’ve been lusting after Bode’s menswear line for months now, I can justify picking up this sheer shirt. Just pair it with a lacy black bra, a snatched bun, and some vintage gold hoops for your friend’s big day.
2. Forte_Forte Hammered Silk-Satin Wrap Skirt: A wrap skirt is a closet staple, hands down. I love pairing two warm tones together, so the goldenrod yellow and rich orange are a match made in heaven for me. Plus, I can style it a million different ways post-ceremony.
3. Jimmy Choo Shiloh 60 Crystal-Embellished Suede Sandals: Are these shoes crazy pricey? Yes. But just look at them! It’s like two rows of floating diamonds across your feet. Entirely wedding-appropriate, in my opinion. I want, I need, I deserve.
1. LoveShackFancy Kendall Dress: If you’re looking for beautiful and romantic boho-inspired pieces, look no further than LoveShackFancy. This hand-painted silky dream immediately caught my eye, and I already feel like I’m transported to an island wedding just looking at it. *Adds to cart.”
2. Missoma Gold Double Chain: My necklace collection has been growing at a rapid pace lately, and I am 100 percent OK with it. This gold double chain by Missoma is perfect for layering with all my jewels and will go with just about anything.
3. Rosetta Getty Knotted Leather Mules: These Rosetta Getty mules are just so perfect, I don’t know where to start. The knotted detailing combined with the creamy kitten heel makes them feel just a tad more formal than your average mule—perfect for any wedding or formal occasion, while still feeling comfortable.
Social Media & Affiliate Coordinator
1. Rezek Studio Dandy Dress in Ice Blue: Ever since discovering emerging brand Rezek Studio, I’ve been thinking of excuses that would validate a purchase. Although I have no weddings to attend this season, it can’t hurt to shop for the future, right?
2. The Volon Cindy Feather-Trimmed Floral-Jacquard Bag: Whenever I come across a vintage store, I love to dig for embellished evening bags. They’re the perfect size and just the right amount of sparkle to accompany any formal ensemble. This one by the Volon is the exact vibe I was looking for this summer.
3. Cult Gaia Pia Mules: While I’m not usually one to abide by the “rules of fashion,” I do respect the no-white-*shoes*-after-Labor Day (sneakers excluded). Although these Cult Gaia beauties may have an expiration date, they’re versatile enough for any occasion.
Want more stories like this?