18 Fashion Must-Haves We’re Splurging On This Summer
From bags and watches to sneakers and jewelry. In collaboration with StockX.
Have you ever pondered a fashion purchase for so long that by the time you’re ready to pull the trigger, it sold out right from under you? We know we have, which is why we’re grateful that the resale market is so robust these days. No more crying over that unavailable Nike collaboration or wishing you had bought a Celine bag while Phoebe was still at the helm. With sites like StockX offering all the sneakers, bags, and watches of our dreams (among other things), fashion regret is officially a thing of the past. And now that summer is in full swing, we think it’s the perfect time to reassess our wardrobes and snag a few key pieces that will last long beyond the end of the season. Here are the 18 items we’re splurging on this week.
Senior Beauty Editor
1. Converse Run Star Hike Hi JW Anderson Glitter: I just snagged this pair from the latest JW Anderson x Converse collab, and I am SO excited. The mismatched colorway, the platform, the glitter—it’s everything my extra gene needs and wants.
2. Celine Frame Medium Fox Red/Tan Bag: While I (somewhat begrudgingly) do like the new Celine, Phoebe Philo’s version will never lose its place in my heart. If I can somehow cough up the funds for this Frame bag, I will happily prance around New York City for the rest of my days.
3. Cartier Tank Solo W1018855: I used to always wear a watch but have fallen off the timepiece wagon as of late. A classic Cartier tank is well worth the investment and will fit seamlessly into my latest arm party.
1. Union Los Angeles x Air Jordan 1 Retro High Black Toe: I think about these sneakers at least once every other day. Missed the boat when they first dropped and thought I would get over it, but turns out that wasn’t the case. At all. Come to me, beautiful sneakers.
2. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak: I mean, is an explanation needed for this one? BRB as I go try to win the lottery.
3. CHANEL Diamond Red Quilted Cardholder: I personally think that good cardholders are tough to come across. I’m always looking for one that is nice and simple, not too crazy colorwise, and is sturdy enough to survive the wear and tear of everyday use. I love the deep red color of this CHANEL one, and I’ll never say no to quilted leather.
Director, Lifestyle and Talent
1. Sacai x Nike LD Waffle: Every so often a sneaker comes along that I can’t get out of my head. Unfortunately, I wasn’t fast enough to snag a pair at retail, so I’m glad I get a second chance.
2. Rolex Day Date in Champagne: I’m an obsessive fine-jewelry collector—gold and layered, layered, layered are my modi operandi. A chunky Rolex is a welcome addition.
3. Louis Vuitton Monogram Cardholder: I’ve abandoned a traditional wallet nearly half a decade ago for a sleek cardholder I can shove in pockets and in the smallest of handbags. I actually already own a Louis Vuitton Damier cardholder, but with years of love and aforementioned shoving, it’s nearing time to replace it. This one may be the one.
Social Media Associate
1. Air Jordan 1 Retro High Phantom: I don’t have a pair of Jordans yet, but watch me get these from StockX’s website within the week. I love the vintage feel to these, especially the classic off-white/crimson colors. Wearing these to all my summer activities!
2. Balenciaga Ville Top Handle XXS Black White: Love a good Balenciaga bag, and better yet, a neutral one! Would take this everywhere with me in the city.
3. Goyard Cardholder: Everyone needs a good cardholder—who really wants to keep a big wallet in their purse? Goyard is always a great go-to, perfect for any occasion!
1. Balenciaga Shopper: True story: I’m a Balenciaga Shopper groupie. While I was at first skeptical to the Ikea bag comparison, I can’t help but appreciate the practicality the two bags share. The size is perfect for all your everyday essentials, and the iconic Paris print will turn heads anywhere you bring her along. My bid’s already in, but I welcome a challenger!
2. Gucci Crystal Sneaker: These sneakers are what dreams are made of. As a supporter of alternative options to heels for an evening occasion, these sneakers fill all the criteria. The crystals provide the right amount of glam, while the advantage of a flat will keep you dancing all night.
3. Hermès Kelly PM Diamond 18K Gold Small Bangle Bracelet: I have a newfound appreciation for jewelry these days. A little gold touch brings together any outfit. While I am lucky to have some treasured pieces passed on from my grandmother, I have been working on building up the collection. Securing a Hermès bangle would more than cover that missing link in my wardrobe.
1. Dior Oblique Saddle Bag Mini Blue: I may or may not have a slight mini bag obsession and have had my eye on this iconic Dior saddle bag for months now. I don’t take much with me when I’m on the go, making this bag the perfect size for everyday use. I’m very excited for this little bag to come join my (rapidly) growing collection.
2. Prada Vela Backpack: As Bianca Stratford once said, “There’s a difference between like and love. Because I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpack.” Can’t say I disagree!
3. Vans Checkerboard Slip-On: If you’re looking for a new pair of vans, you can’t go wrong with these OG slip-ons. They’re comfortable, durable, and go with just about anything.
Want more stories like this?