We Spend *How* Many Minutes on Instagram Stories Each Day?!
And everything else we can’t stop talking about this week.
This week on “Open Tabs”—an assortment of links we have on our open tabs for the week—we’re giving you a peek into our own Internet habits and the stories and themes we can’t seem to stop talking about, like our new partnership with Bustle, the controversy around mixing patterns, Beyoncé's Instagram and more.
1. Can a Healthy Dose of Fear Actually Improve Your Workouts? (via Well and Good)
I actually asked myself the same question after trying Tone House last week.
2. How Serena Williams Fought Racism and Sexism to Beat the Wage Gap (via Stylecaster)
“I’d like to acknowledge the many realities black women face every day. To recognize that women of color have to work—on average—eight months longer to earn the same as their male counterparts do in one year. To bring attention to the fact that black women earn 17% less than their white female counterparts and that black women are paid 63% of the dollar men are paid. Even black women who have earned graduate degrees get paid less at every level. This is as true in inner cities as it is in Silicon Valley.”
3. Here’s How Much Time the Average User Spends on Instagram Stories (via Girl Boss)
Could you be using those minutes somewhere else?
4. The One Fashion Rule We Always Break (via Who What Wear)
Plus, how exactly Who What Wear editors wear it.
5. An Analysis: How Beyoncé, the Artist, Is Taking Instagram to the Next Level (via Refinery29)
Perhaps there is something we can all learn in order to bump up our Instagram game.
6. Bustle and Coveteur to Unveil Fashion Partnership for Fall (via Women’s Wear Daily)
Who else is excited for September 1st?!
7. You Have to See These Before-and-After Pics of Women Wearing Eyeliner (via She Finds)
The tiniest tweaks can *really* make a difference...